If you’re familiar with Yellowhammer Fund you probably know that we’re an abortion fund in Alabama. And we are! But we’re so much more than that, too.
We’re also a reproductive justice organization and that means that we support ALL pregnancy decisions. We support preventative reproductive health care. We support children and families in Alabama and the Deep South. We support our allied organizations to uplift the work they’re doing. We hope you continue to support us as we start our new Family Justice program in 2021! Stay tuned as those plans unfold – we can’t wait to share them with you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of our programs and services in the hopes that y’all can have a greater understanding of the magnitude of some of our work:
- Abortion Funding
- We assist an average of 200 callers per month
- We also help cover practical support costs for abortions such as travel, lodging, and childcare
- Reproductive and Family Justice
- We send FREE emergency contraception by mail to residents of Alabama, Mississippi and the west Florida panhandle
- We provide support to our allied organizations, primarily:
- We supply marginalized communities in Alabama with the following resources:
- Period products
- Pregnancy tests
- Sexual education materials
- Material support for low-income families
- Mutual aid
- Our website contains tons of valuable information about our mission if you want to learn more!
- We also have a weekly newsletter packed with the latest in reproductive justice news – just sign up for email updates from us!